Sunday 31 May 2015

Bath Time with The Beauty Vine | Sanctuary Spa


There is nothing I enjoy more as the weather turns cold than a good ol' soak in the bath. I have very clear memories of loving baths as a child, and as a teenager I can distinctly recall my family's frustration at my lengthly soaking soirées...

I do all my thinking in the shower, but the bath is where I do my 'switching off' . On most occasions it will be in the evening, after my children are in bed, and my husband is firmly attached to the lounge cradling the remote control. I try for at least once a week, twice if I can.

This is a little bit of time for me...

I will always have a bath by candlelight, because the low light helps me to relax. I also make sure I have clean, fresh pyjamas and a fresh towel. I know that might sound a little retentive, but these small things all contribute to making it more of an occasion. You would always have a clean robe and soft, clean towels at a day spa would you not? You deserve them at home too.

Now, I must confess to having rather an extensive variety of bath products, and I have decided to make this a little series, aptly named "Bath Time with The Beauty Vine". Each post will aim to bring  thoughts and reviews of the plethora of bathing products in my possession, with a 'one-brand' focus.

Today, it is all about some lovely products from Sanctuary Spa, a well known brand from the UK that has been available for quite some time in Priceline Pharmacies in Australia. I have been using two of these products for around 18 months, and have repurchased both of them in that time. The other is a more recent purchase, one of their newly released products. I adore the scent of these Sanctuary Spa products. They smell clean and soapy, warm and sweet, with a hint of spice and musk, somewhat reminiscent of men's cologne. Love.

The range is affordable, and they offer a nice variety of products. I have also noticed some newly released scents and formulas on the shelves of my local Priceline... so far I have resisted!

So, grab your PJ's and your fluffy towel, light your candle, and start running the bath...



Bath Time with The Beauty Vine - Sanctuary Spa

Sanctuary Spa Foaming Bath Soak

As the bath is filling I add a generous squeeze or two of the Foaming Bath Soak. The signature Sanctuary Spa scent fills my bathroom. As the name suggest, it produces a nice amount of bubbles, softens the water, and feels moisturising on the skin. As I write this, I am unable to find this specific product on the Priceline website. I am not sure if it has been discontinued, however I can warmly recommend the 2 Day Moisture Shower Oil as an alternative. I have gone through a bottle of it already, and find it works equally well in both the shower and the bath. There are a few less bubbles when used in the bath, however the formula of the shower oil is slightly more moisturising. They are both lovely products.


Sanctuary Spa 4 Day Moisture Oil Scrub RRP $17.99 AUD



The 4 Day Moisture Oil Scrub is my most recent purchase, and is part of the Long-Lasting Moisture line of products that have been released in the last few months. This is a very fine salt scrub in a  thick oil/balm base. A little goes a long way with this product. After soaking for about 5-10 minutes, I warm a good dollop of the scrub in my palms first, just to help soften and melt the oils a little. There is a good amount of finely milled salt, so you definitely get a really effective scrub without feeling like you are scratching your skin. Be gone those barnacles on my bottom! 
Being a thick balm, it definitely leaves an oily residue on the skin. I am a fan of oil based scrubs, and love the feeling of the oils on my skin. If you do not, this may not be the scrub for you. Whilst I cannot be sure of the claim of 4 days of moisture, I certainly find that it helps to keep my skin feeling moisturised and soft until I have my shower the next evening. Winter brings with it extremely dry, and often itchy skin for me, so a daily slathering of lotion/oils/butters is a must. This scrub leaves my skin soft, smooth and plump. Love.


Sanctuary Spa Body Butter  RRP $14.99 AUD



After a little more time soaking, ( my bath time is often accompanied by a glass of red wine ), I'll hop out,  dry off, and slather on some  Body Butter. Whilst my skin already feels soft and lovely after the soak and the scrub, I like to add another layer of moisture to lock it all in. 
Rich in Cocoa and Shea butters, Sweet Almond oil and Macadamia oil, this award winning body butter has a surprisingly lightweight formula, and smooths over the skin quickly and easily. When I'm having my 'bath night', I make sure to moisturise my whole body. No being lazy now... you are normally nice and warm from the bath, and it only takes a couple of minutes to massage in some cream/lotion, no excuses! I try not to rush too much, because I have to rush so many things in my life! The whole idea of this time, is to actually not be aware of the time for once, and just slow down. 


Ok...fresh, clean pyjamas on, I ceremoniously throw back any remaining vino, and head downstairs to make myself a cup of tea. Without a doubt, I always feel so much better after a bath ( and shower too! ). There is something about feeling clean, being warm, smelling delightful, and mentally giving yourself that little bit of time out. Self care is very important, and putting aside time to do something for yourself to help to fill up your tank is invaluable.  It is something that I have  learnt  to  prioritise, particularly after the birth of my children and suffering post-natal depression and anxiety.  


It is something I warmly encourage all of you to do too, regardless of your own personal circumstances. 



Do share with me what you like to do to help you to relax and de-stress! Do you have any favourite bath products that I might need to know about? Do leave a comment below, or feel free to email me with any questions, or if you feel like a chat.




Thanks so much for stopping by!



Blessings,



Lou xo





1 comment:

  1. So so true! You have me inspired to have a bath tonight and get some moisture back into my flakey holiday skin. And if I'm lucky hopefully there is some time for a coat of paint on my nails! Eeee please let me know when Essie goes on sale 😉😙

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...