Monday 31 March 2014

Benefit Fakeup Crease Control Hydrating Concealer | Review and Swatches


On a recent trip to Brisbane in January, a good friend and I hit the shops at Carindale for a little retail therapy. We treated ourselves to a brow wax and tint at the Benefit Brow Bar in Myer ( highly recommend!!) After you have your brows done, you head over to the other side of the counter and have some finishing touches done to your makeup, and have the opportunity to try other products that may interest you. I was keen to try the Benefit Fakeup under eye concealer, and the very lovely MUA recommended my shade and applied it for me...I was hooked.








Benefit Fakeup Hydrating Concealer in Medium 02


As you can see from the photos above, the core of pigment is surrounded by a hydrating solid, gel like moisturiser. I apply it straight from the bullet to my under eye area, concentrating it where I need the most colour correcting. To blend it in, I pat it with my fingertip. Easy.

I am so glad the MUA recommended the shade Medium 02 for me. I have discovered that using a concealer that matches my skin tone directly under my eyes is the most flattering for me ( at my age! ).

If I choose to do some highlighting, I will place it further down near my orbital bone, and away from the bluish tones that I have in my inner corners and under eye. For me personally, using a very light concealer directly under my eyes only serves to make the discolouration, and any puffiness seem more prominent, and it looks unnatural.

In my experience Benefit Fakeup is not a full coverage concealer. But it doesn't need to be. The added hydration makes it creamy but not greasy, and it manages to soften and blur the look of fine lines around your eyes. In short, it gives me medium coverage, whilst making my under eye area just look fresher and more youthful.

I was told to set it with powder by the makeup artist, that it was designed to be set because it is so hydrating. I have experimented with some different powders in my collection, ranging from translucent loose setting powders, mineral powders, and powders like Maybelline Superstay that offer decent coverage as well as setting properties. My only advice would be to use a very light hand with your powder, but any of these work well for me. I have also used it without powder, with impressive results.

Benefit Fakeup is the most "creaseless" concealer I have tried. For me, it does live up to its' claim of "...hiding dark circles and diffuses fine lines for a silky smooth ultra-natural look."

I reach for it every day...every day!!

I paid $35.00 AU and purchased from the Benefit counter in Myer. 

It is also available to purchase online here

Have you tried Fakeup? Do you have a favourite under eye concealer?
Do leave a comment below!! I love reading them!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Blessings,

Lou xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...